We understand that first gemstone purchase is making you dicey and confused all along. No worries, No blues because we are here to help you. All that you want to know about these sterling beauties has been provided here for our dear customers.
CARE AND CLEANING OF GEMSTONES:
• Most transparent and translucent gemstones such as Sapphires, Rubies, American diamonds, Amethyst are pretty hard. They can be cleaned using a soft cloth or brush and plain warm soapy water. After wiping, be sure to rinse your stone well to remove soapy residue.
• Porous stones like Pearls, Opal, Corals, Turquoise etc. tend to absorb the soapy water and chemical cleaners and may show discoloration. It is best to wipe down such stones with a soft cloth and a mild soap or detergent if needed. Be sure to rinse well using warm to room-temperature water to remove soapy residue.
• Stones should always be allowed to dry completely before being stored.
• Some gemstones are affected by heat and direct exposure to sunlight. Avoid exposing your gem to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
• Always store your gemstones away from each other as harder gemstones may scratch the softer ones affecting luster.
• It is always suggested to remove your gemstones before exercising, cleaning with strong detergents and chemical bleach, playing sports or engaging in vigorous physical activities.
Many gemstones show characteristic inclusions- needles, clouds, fluids and crystals are the common types of inclusions. It is the presence of these flaws which makes it quite easy to identify and distinguish natural stones amongst other similar gemstones. Artificial light will expose and amplify inclusions and fractures that prove the stone to be a natural one.
ENHANCEMENTS & TREATMENTS
Typical enhancement processes- heating, oiling, irradiation, dyeing, bleaching are used to enhance the luster, color and clarity of the stones.
For instance, natural sapphires which are transparent in appearance are heated, small cracks and inclusions in natural emeralds are covered by oiling or resin to fill tiny fissures and cracks.
However, at Huelane, we do not use any kind of enhancement process and offers untreated and natural gemstones only. That’s our promise to you!